Welcome to Thisissand
Thisissand is intended for all audiences. Some functionalities may require registration to the service, which is for users over 13 years of age only. Users under 13 years of age are not allowed to register a user account.
Thisissand is committed to the safety of our users and will do its best efforts to ensure that the service is suitable and available for users of all ages.
We monitor the use of our service technically. We do not give out identifying information of our users out without your permission. We may give out unidentifying, anonymized information out for e.g. marketing purposes or to other business partners. We may use the information you enter in the service to monitor and develop the service.
The information you enter in the service is mainly stored and analyzed on servers located in the United States.
If you decide on terminating your registered Thisissand account, you may do so here: https://thisissand.com/account/remove
For any feedback for the service, please email us at email@example.com
- Thisissand is available to users of all ages. To register a user account you must be at least 13 years old (see “Registered Accounts”).
- We like to keep things nice for all of our users. This is why you may not post violent, nude, partially nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic or sexually suggestive content via the Service. Do not use offensive or defamatory language in the Service.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs through your account. Beige Elephant prohibits the creation of and you agree that you will not create an account for anyone other than yourself. You also represent that all information you provide or provided to Beige Elephant upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete and you agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secret and secure.
- You may be able to purchase additional features on the service.
- Act nice. Do not defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people on the Service. Do not post private or confidential information via the Service.
- Obey the law. You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, including but not limited to, copyright laws.
- You are solely responsible for any data, text, information, images, works of authorship, links and other content (collectively “Content”) that you submit, post or display on or via the Service.
- Do not spam other users of the Service or the Service itself. Do not interfere with or disrupt the Service. Do not attempt to restrict another user from using or enjoying the Service.
- You must not create accounts with the Service through unauthorized means, including but not limited to, by using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper.
- Beige Elephant reserves the right to modify or terminate the Service or your access to the Service for any reason at any time without notice.
- You may terminate your Thisissand account by completing the form available here: https://thisissand.com/account/remove. If we terminate your account or you use the form detailed above to terminate your account, your artwork, comments, likes, and all other data will no longer be accessible through your Thisissand account (e.g., users will not be able to navigate to your username and view your Content), but those materials and data may persist and appear within the Service (e.g., if the Content is still cached in a content delivery network). It is also possible that a third party may have submitted or shared your Content on the Service or outside of it. We may keep your information up to 6 months after you have terminated your account for legal reasons.
- We reserve the right to refuse access to the Service to anyone for any reason at any time and the right to change your username for any reason (including if we deem it offensive).
- You are responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service. Beige Elephant is not responsible or liable for the conduct of any user. Beige Elephant reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users. Exercise common sense and your best judgment when interacting with others, including when you submit or post Content or any personal or other information.
- Thisissand may contain links to services by third parties. The Service also may include third-party content that we do not control, maintain or endorse. We may also offer you functionalities which enable you to e.g. share your Content on services by third parties or otherwise permit interactions between Thisissand and services by third parties. We are not responsible or liable for the services of third parties. This includes possible third party applications which enable you to share your Content on other websites.
- You are responsible for all data charges you incur through use of the Service.
- We prohibit crawling, scraping, caching or otherwise accessing any content on the Service via automated means, including but not limited to, user profiles and artwork (except as may be the result of standard search engine protocols or technologies used by a search engine with our express consent).
- Beige Elephant does not claim ownership of any Content that you post on or through the Service. Instead, you hereby grant us a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to use the Content that you post on or through the Service.
- We have our own content in the service as well. The Service contains content owned or licensed by Beige Elephant (“Our Content”). Our Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws. We own all rights in Our Content and the Service.
- Although it is Beige Elephant’s intention for the Service to be available as much as possible, there will be occasions when the Service may be interrupted. Please be patient and let us know if things are broken. Beige Elephant will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services, or the loss of any Content. You also acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of Content or other information may not be secure.
- If you are over 13 years old, you may sign up and register a Thisissand account. Registering a Thisissand account is free. Thisissand account enables you to connect your Content to your account and show your content on your profile page. Access to certain areas or functionalities of the Service may require you to register an account.
- When registering, you must choose a valid username. We may also require you to give us your e-mail address and a password, depending on what method you want to use to register.
- You may terminate your account at any time at https://thisissand.com/account/remove. Do note that even if you terminate your account, we may keep your information up to 6 months after you have terminated your account for legal reasons. If you terminate your account, the Content you have submitted to the Service may be lost. It is also possible that a third party may have submitted or shared your Content outside the Service.
- You will get to keep the possible additional features you have purchased in the Service even if you terminate your account.
Reporting Copyright and Other IP Violations
- We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
- We provide you with tools to help you protect your content. To learn more about how to report claims of intellectual property infringement, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org according to the instructions below.
- If you want to report a copyright violation, please include in your report:
- Identification (e.g. URL or a link) of the work claimed to have been infringed or a list of such works
- Identification (e.g. URL or a link) of the infringing material (do not that we have to be able to find and identify the infringing work based on this information!)
- Your contact information
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is unauthorized or illegal
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed
- If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we may disable your account or revoke your access to the Service.
Disclaimer of Warranties
We provide the service “As is”
- We provide the Service (and Our Content) on an “as is”, “as available” and “with all faults” basis. We do not make any representations, warranties or endorsements of any kind whatsoever, express or implied, as to (a) the Service; (b) Our Content; (c) user content; or (d) security associated with the transmission of information to us or via the Service. We disclaim all warranties, express or implied (e.g. the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, title, custom, trade, quiet enjoyment, system integration and freedom from computer viruses).
Our service may contain errors
- While we do our best to ensure that the Service is error-free, we do not represent or warrant that the service will be error-free or uninterrupted, that defects will be corrected, or that the servers we use are are error-free or free from viruses or other harmful content. We do not make any representations or warranties that the information, including any instructions, on the service is accurate, complete or useful. You use the service at your own risk. We do not warrant that the use of Service is lawful in any particular jurisdiction, and we specifically disclaim such warranties.
Miscellaneous on warranties
- Some jurisdictions limit or do not allow the disclaimer of implied or other warranties. In this case the above disclaimer may not apply to you or may apply to your only partly.
- By accessing or using the service you represent and warrant that your activities are lawful in every jurisdiction where you accesss or use the service.
- We do not endorse content and specifically disclaim any responsibility or liability to any person or entity for any loss or damage.
Limitation of Liability; Waiver
We are not liable to you for losses or damages
- We will not be liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damages of any kind.
- In no event will our total liability to you for all damages, losses or causes or action exceed one hundred euros (100.00 EUR).
You do not have the right to an injunction
- Should you incur any damages, losses or injuries that arise out of our action or inaction, the damages are not irreparable or sufficient to entitle you to an injuction preventing any exploitation of any websites, services, properties, products or other content owned or controlled by us. You do not have the right to enjoin or restrain our activities regarding any websites, properties, products, services or other content owned or controlled by us.
You may be waiving your right to yet unknown claims
- You understand that you may be waiving your right to claims that are at this time unknown or unsuspected. You acknowledge that you have read and understand, and hereby expressly waive, the benefits of section 1542 of the Civil Code of California, and any similar law of any state or territory, which provides as follows: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor”.
- We are not responsible for the actions, content, information, or data of third parties, and you release us, our directors, officers, employees, and agents from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any claim you have against any such third parties.
You will defend us in court
If someone took us to court (or used other legal means against us) because of the following:
- your Content or your access to or use of the Service;
- your violation of any third-party right, including any intellectual property right, publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right;
- your violation of any laws, rules, regulations, codes, statutes, ordinances or orders of any governmental and quasi-governmental authorities, including, without limitation, all regulatory, administrative and legislative authorities; or
- any misrepresentation made by you,
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including without limitation reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, should we require it.
You will cooperate with us if we so require
You will cooperate as fully required by us in the defense of any claim. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, and you will not in any event settle any claim without our prior written consent.
Time Limitation on Claims
You agree that any claim you may have arising out of or related to your relationship with us must be filed within one year after such claim arose; otherwise, your claim is permanently barred.
Governing Law & Venue
- If a dispute arises between you and us, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a solution by contacting our customer service at email@example.com.
- If you are a resident outside of the United States, you agree that all disputes between you and us shall be governed by the laws of Finland, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against Beige Elephant must be resolved exclusively by a court located in Helsinki, Finland.
- We have the right to limit the availability of the Service or any portion of it to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction, at any time and at our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any content, program, product, service or other feature that we provide.