Welcome to Thisissand
Thisissand is intended for all audiences. Some functionalities may require registration to the service, which is for users over 13 years of age only. Users under 13 years of age are not allowed to register a user account.
Thisissand is committed to the safety of our users and will do its best efforts to ensure that the service is suitable and available for users of all ages.
We monitor the use of our service technically. We do not give out identifying information of our users out without your permission. We may give out unidentifying, anonymized information out for e.g. marketing purposes or to other business partners. We may use the information you enter in the service to monitor and develop the service.
The information you enter in the service is mainly stored and analyzed on servers located in the United States.
If you decide on terminating your registered Thisissand account, you may do so here: https://thisissand.com/account/remove
For any feedback for the service, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This Privay Policy is effective on February 15, 2017.
Welcome to Thisissand by Beige Elephant Ltd. ("Thisissand," "we," "us" or "our"). Thisissand provides a beautiful, relaxing and fun way to create sand artwork and share it through our content-sharing platform.
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service ("Users").
1. Information We Collect
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username when you register for a Thisissand account.
- Your password and e-mail address if you register a Thisissand account using an e-mail address.
- Possible profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., profile picture).
- User Content (e.g., sand artwork, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and Thisissand. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
- We use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- In case the Service should malfunction, the web page or app may send diagnostic information about the user session to our or third party servers to be analyzed.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Thisissand
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content. A device identifier together with log files may also be helpful when tracking down errors in the Service. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive.
2. How We Use Your Information
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the Thisissand application on your device
3. Sharing of Your Information
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Thisissand without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom you share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available and searchable to the public.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations and individuals that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
4. How We Store Your Information
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Thisissand, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- Thisissand, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Thisissand cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Thisissand or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Thisissand, at all times.
5. Your Choices About Your Information
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination of your account, Thisissand, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes or for legal purposes.
- Terminate your account at https://thisissand.com/account/remove.
6. Children’s Privacy
The Service and its content are intended to be suitable for all ages. However, registering a user account requires that you are at least 13 years old. This means that Thisissand does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 (or a child under 13 years of age has registered a user account), we will delete that information and/or terminate the user account as quickly as possible.
7. Other Web Sites And Services
8. How To Contact Us